Delicious Slow Cooker Applesauce
Remember my post on the applesauce cake. Well, guess what! This post should have come before that one. After our wonderful apple picking trip, we picked way too many apples. So many that all after all the pies, cakes and salads, we still had so many left over. And unfortunately they were starting to get soft. But, then I decided that instead of getting rid of all these apples why not make some apple sauce. Everyone in my family loves apple sauce.
And I'm glad I did that! This was so simple to make (the only thing that takes a little while is the peeling and chopping of the apples), and 4 hours later I had the best apple sauce ever. At least, my humble opinion.
Save this recipe because it is sure to come in handy at some point. You can also refer to the video below.
- 10 apples (any kind)
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 3/4 cup water
- Peel and chop (into 1 to 2 inch pieces) the apples.
- Add the chopped apples, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon sticks, star anise and water to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Let cool and store in the refrigerator and enjoy over the next few days.